Bishop’s Schedule [Events indicated will be attended by Bishop’s delegate]
- January 14, Pilgrimage to Kalaupapa, Molokai.
- January 15, 2:00 pm, Mass with the Rite of Admission Candidacy for Deacon Aspirants, Class 9, St. Ann Parish, Kaneohe.
- January 16, 7:00 pm, Public Presentation and Lecture by Bishop Robert Barron, Co-Cathedral of St. Theresa, Kalihi.
- January 17, 9:00 am, Red Mass, Cathedral Basilica of Our Lady of Peace, downtown Honolulu.
- January 19, 7:00 pm, Ecumenical Taizé Service for Week of Prayer for Christian Unity, Newman Center/Holy Spirit Parish, Manoa.
- January 20, 3:00 pm, March for Life, Hawaii State Capitol, downtown Honolulu.
- January 21, 9:30 am, Maui March for Life, Kahului.
- January 21-22, Episcopal Visitation, Mary, Star of the Sea Parish, Waialae-Kahala.
- January 23, 6:00 pm, Mass for Feast of Saint Marianne Cope, Cathedral Basilica of Our Lady of Peace, downtown Honolulu.
- January 24, 6:00 pm, Mass and Installation of Reverend Kris Kaitapu, SS.CC. as Pastor of St. Damien of Molokai Parish, Kaunakakai.
- January 26, 8:00 am, Bagels with the Bishop, Saint Louis School, Kaimuki.
- Bishop Silva announces that Marc Alexander, formerly a priest of the Diocese of Honolulu, petitioned to be returned to the lay state. Subsequently, he has lost the clerical state and has been dispensed from the obligation of celibacy by rescript of Pope Francis issued through the Congregation for Clergy. He is still a member in good standing of the Catholic Church, but may not exercise any priestly ministry.
- Bishop Silva has appointed Reverend Noé Acosta Perez as Chaplain for the Maui Hispanic Community, effective February 1, 2017.
- Bishop Silva has appointed Terry Walsh to membership on the Board of the Hawaii Catholic Conference, effective January 1, 2017 to December 31, 2019.
- The diocesan offices will be closed Monday, January 16, 2017 in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.