The Hawaii State Council of the Knights of Columbus held its 38th annual State Convention and Banquet April 28-30 at the Ala Moana Hotel in Honolulu during which officers for the 2017-2018 year were elected.
The convention began with a Mass for the Knights and their families celebrated by Msgr. Gary Secor.
In the elections after Mass, the following officers were chosen: state deputy Theodore J. Rhoades III, state secretary Michael Madix, state treasurer Ryan Brown, state advocate Robert B. Camilleri and state warden Stephen D. Fredette.
It was announced at the convention that during 2016-2017, the Knights of Columbus in Hawaii donated $17,500 to charity.
At the banquet closing the convention attended by 179 knights and their families, the following honors were awarded:
- Council of the Year: Our Lady of La Salette Council 10475, Waipahu
- Grand Knight of the Year: Clyde Higa
- Lady of the Year: Daisy Rhoades (wife of State Deputy Theodore J. Rhoades III)
- Knight of the Year: state chaplain Father Lane K. Akiona, SS.CC.
- District Deputy of the Year: Rolando L. Juanillo
- State Officer of the Year: Stephen D. Fredette
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Robert B. Camilleri